Sunday, December 12, 2010

Steve Harvey gives me a shout out on stage at BET's Celebration of Gospel!!!

HEY EVERYONE!! I'm SOOOO excited about the news! Well it may not be big to you...but for me...it was so surreal.

I attended  BET's Celebration of Gospel tonight taped in downtown L.A. hosted by the one and only comedian, actor and author Steve Harvey! Everyone that was everyone that I know worked the event so I got free tickets plus got to bring friends!

I wore my "Jesus is My Boo" tank top this evening. My main focus when I go to events like this is to network and to maybe get a pic or two taken in the shirt. Also to pass out business cards.


When I arrived I had to wait in line for at least an hour before they let anyone in. Finally when I got inside I got word that I had nose bleed seats alllll the way at the top. (This defeated my whole purpose). Don't get me wrong I'm a gospel music fanatic, and I came to be blessed...but nose bleeds...?? Foreal? LOL.

Half way through the event (while me and my friends sat at the top half sleep...YES HALF SLEEP..the sound was so horrible at the top we couldn't hear anything and we had NO AIR CONDITIONING UP THERE)...but low and behold GOD SENT AN ANGEL. This random young woman walks up to ME (let me repeat that....ME..) and asks me, "Would you and your party like a closer seat down on the floor??" I looked at her so wide eyed I probably almost scared her. My response, "YES!" with a huge shock on my face. Me and my party gathered our things and was taken down to the 2ND ROW! YES THE 2ND ROW!! Its seems as if my entire mood INSTANTLY changed when I got down to the floor. I looked around me and found myself sitting next to celebrity after celebrity after celebrity....finally..where I belong. Cameras flashing around me and ON me...I felt like I was at home. And yes...ya girl was very aware of EVERY camera. (hehe..don't ask me how I ALWAYS know when a camera is on me..I guess I just get this feeling. Not sure if I learned that while modeling..but..I'm aware of cameras all the time..even in churches. I guess it's a self-conscious thing about NEVER being caught on camera making an ugly face.)


Towards the end of the show between breaks while I was conversing with my godsister, I hear a voice in the microphone..."JESUS IS MY BOO...!" I instantly stop talking and to my surprise it's STEVE HARVEY! LOL! He recognized my shirt out of all the crap that was going on in the crowd. I sat upright in my seat and just smiled because if you know Steve Harvey you know he's a comedian and he will CLOWN YOU TO DEATH. All I could think to myself was "Please don't clown me Steve..please don't clown me like you did that other lady.."...low and behold..he did NOT clown my shirt! He actually gave props to my shirt in front of the ENTIRE AUDIENCE at the Celebration of Gospel! He motioned for EVERYONE to look over at the shirt I had on and all of a sudden all eyes were on me....can we say SURREAL!! "This girl down here has on a shirt that says Jesus is my boo! (he laughs)...Your shirt is hilarious and cute. I tell people Jesus is my daddy all the time..so I ain't mad at you!"......

HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF...and happiness!

My reaction? A HUGE GRIN and a yell..."THAT'S RIGHT STEVE!"

lol!! yaaay!!

It was SO MANY celebs in that room that I could NEVER be forgotten as the girl with the "Jesus is my boo" shirt on.

FIRST POSITIVE PRESS!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Thanks Steve!!

Shirt: J'Approved (http://www.JAPPROVED.com), Belt: Vintage

Shirt: J'Approved (http://www.JAPPROVED.com) Earrings: Los Angeles Artwalk




Be sure to tune it to The Celebration of Gospel that Airs on BET Jan. 30, 2011. Check it out!


(You are sure to see me alot towards the end..they flashed cameras on me alot!) Tune in!


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore you!! :D You're sooo super beautiful! and hahaha you have just become a role model for me ;)
    -Thanks!!
    PS: I looove your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww!! Thank you SO MUCH! I LOVE your blog too! Keep doing your thing! I will be following you!

    ReplyDelete